Laco - Westerland (45mm) - Manual Wind
- Technical Details
- Dimensions and Weight
The Laco Pilot Watches Original are authentic reconstructions of the observation watches from the 1940s. They are also called B-Uhr, from the German word Beobachtungsuhren. At that time, only a handful of companies received permission to build these pilot watches according to the detailed requirements of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (RLM) (former German ministry for aviation). With a stately diameter of 55 mm back then, the watches were used as well as navigation instruments. The five manufacturers (IWC, Laco, Lange & Söhne, Stowa and Wempe) thus created a horological classic that has become the inspiration for many wristwatches. With its Pilot Watches Original, Laco presents the most authentic reconstructions of these type of watches on the market.
In addition to the Replica 55 with the original diameter, contemporary case sizes of 39, 42 and 45 mm are also offered. All components are proportionally adapted to the respective size - always based on the historical construction plans.
Other characteristics that the current models share with the historical models:
• Iconic dial without logo, which would have been only a distracting element at that time
• Dials in the style of type A (also Called “Baumuster A” with 11 Arabic numerals, triangle with two dots instead of 12) or type B (“Baumuster B” with inner hour circle, outer minute track)
• Case shape with straight lugs and grey, matt surface to avoid reflections in the cockpit
• Optimal readability both by day and by night. In the past a radioactive material was used, today, only the harmless luminous material Superluminova is used
• Distinctive and easy to grip crown, to make it possible to use the watch even with gloves
• "FL 23883" engraving on the side of the case which represents a former classification number and not a serial number, as well as a bottom marking with unit number, manufacturer and movement designation. At the historical models this engraving can be found inside the caseback, nowadays this engraving is shown externally
• Rivets on the leather strap, which used to secure the strap to the fixed bars in the past. Thanks to the usage of spring bars, they only have a decorative purpose today
Made in Germany
- Seconds stop function
- Hand Winding Movement Laco 210
- Basic Movement Sellita SW 210
- Dark sandblasted stainless steel case with "FL23883" engraving.
- Stainless steel case and case back with engraving
- Domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- Waterproof to 100 meters
- Numbers and figures with Superluminova C3
- Hands filled with Superluminova C3
- Calf leather strap with rivets
- Case diameter: 45 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
- Lug to Lug: 53.5 mm
- Case thickness: 13 mm
- Weight without strap: 112.3 gramme