Kurono Tokyo - Calendrier Azuki
- Mechanical Movement
- Dial and Hands
- Dimensions and Weight
Hajime Asaoka wanted to achieve a color that harked back to cars of the past, where maroon was a popular standard color. In Japan, that car color is more commonly designated as 'azuki' (tr: 'red bean') hence the nickname for the watch.
Significant effort was put into achieving the deep maroon color of the dial, including using phosphor-bronze* as a dial material for the first time. (*phosphor-bronze is multitudes harder to machine than the more commonly used brass.) Also unique for this final run of the Calendrier Type I, 'Azuki's' hour markers are further finished in off-white to provide a perfect contrast to its vintage maroon dial color.
This pre-owned watch is in unworn condition and comes with the full box, papers and accessories.
- Premium-grade Miyota 9122 movement
- 26 Jewels
- Mechanical automatic winding
- Power Reserve: 40 hours
- Frequency: 28,800bph
- 316L high-polished 37mm stainless steel case
- Stainless Steel case back
- Glass: Unique box sapphire glass
- Hours, minutes, seconds, full calendar (month, day, date)
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (Paddling pool certified)
- Dial Finish: Metallic Maroon
- Gold hands and indices
- Case Length: 38 mm
- Band lug width: 20 mm
- Case thickness: 10mm excl. sapphire